We’re presenting to you a list of footballers who not only are good on the field with their feet but also off the field with the gift of their tongue.
We’re also presenting to you a list of quotes in football by famous people who really wanted to be footballers.
Brace yourself for really witty sayings you’re going to remember for the next.
1. From the otherwise tiny Andres Iniesta –
There is no rule that says a footballer needs to be ‘this high’ and ‘this wide.’
2. Even people who’ve spent their lives in the kitchen making a killing want to be famous footballers. Enter Gordon Ramsay:
Would I swap what I have achieved as a cook if I could have been as successful as a footballer? Definitely.
3. From the Stoke City frontman who packs in a hard day’s work… even on weekends-
I want to be a footballer – and that means playing on a Saturday afternoon.
4. Crouchy boy unleashing the onset of his promiscuity – Petr Crouch on S** –
If it wasn’t for football I’d still be a Virgin
5. Jean-Paul Sartre being sad about the game not being a one-sided affair-
“In football everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team.” –
6. If you were a rockstar, would you want to be a footballer instead? Rod Stewart sure would.
“I’m a rock star because I couldn’t be a soccer star.” –
7. Coming from the to be legend himself, Neymar Santos –
“There is no pressure when you are making a dream come true.” –
8. Open them eyes says Nelson Falcão Rodrigues-
“In football, the worst blindness is only seeing the ball.” –
9. Remember when we said football isn’t a game, it’s an emotion? Eric Arthur Blair has something similar to say.
“International football is the continuation of war by other means.” –
10. On Early childhood love by Roy Keane
“I don’t believe skill was, or ever will be, the result of coaches. It is a result of a love affair between the child and the ball.” –
11. Mia Hamm saying nobody remembers who comes 2nd in her own way!
“The person that said winning isn’t everything, never won anything.” –
12. Gary Lineker German national football team fan anyone?
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.” –
13. If you’re an atheist your views on God are about to change. Words of wisdom by Hugo Sánchez Márquez
“Whoever invented soccer should be worshipped as God.” –
14. Lock and load boys, George Orwell has something vital to say.
“Football is war minus the shooting.” –
15. It’s a Gentlemen’s game, said no one ever. And that includes Oscar Wilde-
“Rugby is a game for barbarians played by gentlemen. Football is a game for gentlemen played by barbarians.” –